- We'll build this Waypoint on Cloud 9, a powerful online code editor with a full Ubuntu Linux workspace, all running in the cloud.
- If you don't already have a Cloud 9 account, create one now at http://c9.io.
- Click on the "+" icon at the top right of the c9.io page to create a new workspace.
- Give your workspace a name and an optional description.
- Choose "Blank" in the template section.
- Click the Create button. Then click into your new workspace.
- In the lower right hand corner you should see a terminal window. In this window use the following commands. You don't need to know what these mean at this point.
how-to-npm with this command:
npm install -g how-to-npm.
- Now start the tutorial by running
- Note that you can resize the c9.io's windows by dragging their borders.
- Make sure that you are always in your project's "workspace" directory. You can always navigate back to this directory by running this command:
- Note that you can only add dist tags to the specific version numbers published in steps 8 and 10. If you receive a 403 or 404 error, run
how-to-npm and try again.
- Also, if you experience a bug, and you think you understand the concept, you can skip a step by running
how-to-npm verify skip in the terminal.
- Complete "Dev Environment"
- Complete "Start A Project"
- Complete "Install A Module"
- Complete "Listing Dependencies"
- Complete "Package Niceties"
- Complete "Dist Tag Removal"
- Once you've completed these steps, move on to our next challenge.