- We'll build this Waypoint on Cloud 9, a powerful online code editor with a full Ubuntu Linux workspace, all running in the cloud. We'll do the first 7 steps of Node School's LearnYouNode challenges.
- If you don't already have Cloud 9 account, create one now at http://c9.io.
- Click on the "+" icon at the top right of the c9.io page to create a new workspace.
- Give your workspace a name and an optional description.
- Choose "Blank" in the template section.
- Click the "Create workspace" button.
- Once C9 builds and loads your workspace, you should see a terminal window in the lower right hand corner. In this window use the following commands. You don't need to know what these mean at this point.
npm with this command:
npm install -g npm.
learnyounode with this command:
npm install -g learnyounode.
- Now start this tutorial by running
- Note that you can resize the c9.io's windows by dragging their borders.
- Make sure that you are always in your project's "workspace" directory. You can always navigate back to this directory by running this command:
- Complete "My First Async I/O"
- Complete "Make it Modular"
- Once you've completed these first 7 steps, move on to our next challenge.